About Crown Of The Continent Guitar Foundation
Celebrating the love of the Guitar and the magical splendor of Montana
To enrich the lives of students, artists, teachers and audiences through the study, performance, composition and celebration of the guitar.
The Crown of the Continent Guitar Foundation holds an annual Guitar Festival and Workshop with related educational events throughout the year that attract world class artists, superlative teachers, eager students and enthusiastic audiences who appreciate the music of the guitar, all surrounded by the magical splendor of Montana.
- For our Artists in Residence and Faculty, we provide an unparalleled venue to relax, collaborate, teach and perform, giving back to the guitar community through workshop mentoring, collaboration, instruction and inspiring festival performances… enriching their lives.
- For our Participants from around the world, we strive to nurture a unique, life-changing experience that dramatically enhances their guitar expertise and skills while nourishing their creative spirit in a relaxed, supportive, non-competitive atmosphere…enriching their lives.
- For our Student Scholarship winners, we deliver a once-in-a-lifetime experience, profoundly influencing their musical ambitions and hopes… enriching their lives.
- For our Audiences, we present world-class musical performances at exceptionally affordable prices in an intimate pristine mountain setting… enriching their lives.
- And for the Flathead Valley and Northwest Montana, in return for providing us their top-notch hospitality, financial support and an irreplaceable setting that is an integral part of our experience, our ongoing activities augment music education in the schools, provide numerous student scholarships, and generate millions of dollars in economic benefit… enriching the lives of the entire community.
As we succeed in our mission, we will continue to establish the Crown of the Continent Guitar Foundation and the Flathead Valley as an internationally recognized center for guitar study, performance and composition.
The Crown of the Continent Guitar Foundation is a non-profit organization that celebrates and promotes the artistry of the guitar across all genres. It draws its inspiration from the unique ecosystem and natural beauty of the Crown of the Continent region with headwaters to three oceans and critical habitat for grizzly bears, wolves,and many other endangered species.
The Foundation aims to bring together the magnificence of the Crown of the Continent with the universal language of guitar music. The Foundation will hold its eighth annual week long guitar festival and workshop at The Flathead Lake Lodge starting August 27th through September 2nd, 2017.
“We have built the Crown Guitar Workshop and Festival into a one-of-a-kind, leading international guitar event.”
– David Feffer, COC Guitar Foundation Chairman and Founding Director
The workshop week is for all guitarists from beginner to professional level, filled with personalized learning time with the instructors, jam time with fellow musicians and time to share your passion for guitars and guitar music. It’s an opportunity to develop the participant’s guitar playing in a non-competitive, supportive environment where the focus is on each individual’s interests and personal goals.
The festival includes public performances by world class guitarists of all genres; lectures, master classes and opportunity for private lessons for both the serious and casual student; the composition and performance of original music; and an opportunity for artistic and personal interaction between individuals with a passion for the guitar. All events are held in the family-friendly accommodations of the four-star Flathead Lake Lodge. The intimate setting provides a unique opportunity for camaraderie and interaction among all participants, faculty and artists in residence. On the grounds, the Crown Festival Tent hosts the evening concerts where weekly audiences of 5000+ can enjoy spectacular, world-class, sold-out performances.
The foundation collaborates with other nonprofit organizations in Northwest Montana including: The Glacier Park Fund, Montana Public Broadcasting, Bigfork ACES, Salish Kootenai College Foundation, and North Valley Music School. Flathead Lake Lodge.